Tuesday 12 May 2020 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
An Introduction to Flash Photography
Mill Tye Gallery and Arts Centre
3 Cornard Mills
£78 per person
You have learnt to shoot without a flash, but what about the times when you encounter situations where the light on your subject is less than ideal? A small flash can make a big difference and can be easier to use than you think. In this class Jackie will help you feel confident with flash basics, familiarise yourself with flash equipment and apply on and off camera flash techniques. Jackie will take you through a variety of scenarios where you will get to experiment with shaping light using flash modifiers, umbrellas and reflectors in outdoor and studio scenarios so that you don’t get stuck in a low light with out the confidence and tools you need to produce photos to be proud of.
- Maximum: 6 participants
- What to Bring: DSLR camera, camera flash, fully charged batteries, clear memory card, camera manual, flash manual and a packed lunch.
- Provided: Light refreshments, printed resource material.
- What to bring: DSLR camera, camera flash, fully charged batteries, clear memory card, camera manual and a packed lunch.
- Optional: A laptop for downloading and reviewing your photos.
- What to wear: Comfortable clothing, warm waterproof jacket and sensible footwear.